RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Friday, February 24, 2017

RA for All Roadshow Visits Messenger Public Library of North Aurora [IL]

This morning, the Messenger Public Library of North Aurora is closed until 1pm because I am coming to train their entire staff on the basics of RA and Booktalking.

Messneger is a place that wants to put their leisure readers first. I can get on board with that any day. We are going to have fun too, but not too much fun because due to construction on their library's meeting room, we are actually holding this training session at the police station.

Funny thing is, this is not the first time I have done a library training at the police station. [That is not a statement I ever thought I would make when I first started this consulting gig.]

But I digress. Here's our schedule with links for all attendees and those of you who like to follow along at home:

9-10:50: RA for All Signature Program which follows Becky's 10 Rules of Basic RA Service

11-11:50: Booktalking: Harnessing the Power of Sharing Books with Readers. The link to the slides is here. This version of the presentation includes a brand new booktalk and after it, an added slide with some more examples by me.

11:50-Noon: Creating Your Own Reader Profile which is an exercise I leave the group to complete in the weeks after my visit.

Noon- 1pm: Lunch for Staff

1pm: Back to work. Library reopens for patrons.


No comments: