RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

ALA Midwinter is Coming...

Click picture for details
In just 10 days, the ALA Midwinter Conference will begin.

I know many staff cannot make the trip; in fact I am only able to go because it is less than 15 miles from my house and I am going on my days off. But not being able to make it does not mean you don’t get any benefit out of the fact that it is happening.

Here are some tips about how to experience ALA Midwinter from anywhere:

  • Read Booklist’s He Reads and She Reads columns in honor of the conference host city with their "Chicago Reads." 
  • Follow the #alaMW2015. You can do this by clicking on this link whether or not you are a Twitter user.
  • Midwinter is all about RA service programming. Specifically for Adults I want to mention my absolute favorite annual list of best books-- the RUSA CODES Committee Reading List. It breaks down the best of popular fiction by genre.  Click here for all the info on the ceremony itself, but it is the list they create with annotations and readalikes that you will use often with readers at the service desk.  Click here for the link to past year’s lists. If you help adult leisure readers these lists are EXCELLENT sure bet resources for genre fiction readers. I use them frequently. So should you.
  • There is much, much more going on, including more opportunities for participating from afar.  Click here to see the official Midwinter scheduler for details.

In the coming days, I will have some information and details about some of the networking opportunities that will be happening after normal conference hours for anyone in the Chicago area to attend-- whether you are signed up for the conference or not.

Don’t miss out on participating and/or interacting in some way with the conference from wherever you are. I promise it will be worth your time.

No comments: