RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Art of Booktalking-- Presentation Documents

Later this morning, I will be presenting The Art of Booktalking at RAILS in Burr Ridge, IL.  All of the details are here.  I believe they are not only live streaming it, but also recording it, so you could still see it after today.

We have three speakers and  an informal, “salon” atmosphere, so there is not a formal presentation.  I did however, prepared a short list of resources I will be referring to.  I also have a slide show of the book covers of the 6 books in my short example book talk.  So whether you were there today or watched a recording, please consider the part of the post under the divide, your official handout.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Art of Booktalking
HANDOUT
September 23, 2014
RAILS


Becky Spratford-- Contact Info
RA for All:  raforall.blogspot.com
Twitter: @RAforAll




Staff short book talking examples on The Browsers Corner


List of books in my example booktalk:
Bird Box by Josh Malerman
The Troop by Nick Cutter
Amity by Micol Ostow
The Quick by Lauren Owen
The New Black by Richard Thomas
The Rats by James Herbert




Works Cited:

Cyr, Ann-Marie and Kellie M. Gillespie.  Something to Talk About: Creative Booktalking for Adults.  (Scarecrow Press, 2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the handouts. I wish I could be there!
Leanne