RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

For Your Amusement....

I have spent all morning working on ILA Annual Conference planning and am about to head out to Glenview Public Library for the next ARRT Genre Study meeting-- Historical Crime.

You can click here for ILA Conference info.  The early bird discount is still available.

You can click here for all the ARRT Genre Study info including the next assignment which I prepared on our first subsets of Thrillers.

But, you don't care about any of this.  I know that.  You want a post.  Well, today you are getting a "just for fun" one.

Go to the blog Fake Library Stats.  Read it.  Bookmark it.  Follow it on Twitter.  Trust me.  No matter what kind of day you are having, no matter how many patrons yell at you, no matter what kind of bodily fluid you have to clean up in the stacks, this site will put a smile on your face. You will thank me, if not today, then some day when you really need it, and then you will already know about Fake Library Stats, you will visit it, and it will brighten your day.

You are welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog tip! Leanne

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you made my day! My incident report from yesterday would go something like this:
1. Attendance for Afternoon Program with Local Authors: 0
2. Attendance for Evening Program on Prevention of Tick-Borne Illness: 5
3. Patron filed complaint that she could not easily navigate the online catalog--for another library.
4. When driving home in a typhoon, library director hit a pothole, got a flat tire, waiting an hour and a half for AAA, and sobbed the rest of the way home.
I REALLY needed this today, Becky! Thank you!

Becky said...

What a day. Yikes! Glad to help.