RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Summer Reading Updates

We are beginning the Summer Reading push here at the BPL.  Sign-up begins on May 31.

This year, I have created a website and online forms.  Click here to access that.

We are very serious about using the data we collect from our summer readers for collection development.  If you are interested in how serious we are and what we do with the statistics we gather, I have written about that at length in this post.

This year we are using a Google form to sign people up.  Google forms takes all of the entries and automatically puts them into a spreadsheet for us! Click see all of our forms.

As a library, our Director is also committed to us telling the community not just what we do and provide for them; that they have heard.  Rather, we are trying to focus on the "WHY."

To that end, we have ordered the lawn signs you see here on the left being modeled by our Head of Circulation, Crystal. Every single person, child or adult who signs up for summer reading will get a lawn sign to proudly proclaim that they are a reader!

We get over 1,000 sign-ups, so the town will be littered with lawn signs.  I am so excited and proud.  I hope to have pictures of the signs up later this summer.

So please, look through the links I provided in this post. I hope I have inspired you to put the finishing touches on your library's awesome summer reading program.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want to know more details: @RAforAll or zombiegrl75[at]gmail[dot]com.

No comments: