RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Help Me Interview Gillian Flynn and Gone Girl Literary References

We are down to a handful of spots to see Gillian Flynn at the Berwyn Library.  I will be interviewing her.  I am working on a list of questions, as is the head of the BPL's writer's group, but I would love to hear what you want me to ask Flynn on July 11th at 7pm.

So now is your chance.  For the rest of the week I will be collecting your questions.  I hope to include readers' questions in my interview as long as they are appropriate.  If I use your question, I will note you in the interview.

You can leave questions in the comments, or email me.

In the mean time we are so happy to see that Gone Girl debuted at #2 on The New York Times Best Seller List.

In all the Gone Girl love, including my review, I found something fun to share.  Galley Cat ran a post of book references in the novel. Here is the link and below I have copied the list.  Enjoy.

We’ve rounded up our five favorite book references in the thriller, building a spoiler-free library for anybody who wishes they could keep reading Gone Girl
1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald Gone Girlquote: “My dating life seems to rotate around three types of men: preppy Ivy Leaguers who believe they’re characters in a Fitzgerald novel; slick Wall Streeters with money signs in their eyes, their ears, their mouths; and sensitive smart-boys who are so self-aware that everything feels like a joke.”
2. Tom Sawyer (free eBook link) by Mark TwainGone Girl quote: “He talks to me in his river-wavy Missouri accent; he was born and raised outside of Hannibal, the boyhood home of Mark Twain, the inspiration for Tom Sawyer.”
3. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki MurakamiGone Girl quote: “She’d made a grim figure on the Fiji beach during our two-week honeymoon, battling her way through a million mystical pages of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, casting pissy glances at me as I devoured thriller after thriller.”
4. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury Gone Girl quote: “She is reading The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. A sci-fi girl … ‘Good book,’ I toss over to her, a harmless conversational beach ball.”
5. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury: ‘Guess what [he found] for me?’ [she] says. ‘Another book by the Martian Chronicle guy.’ ‘Ray Bradburrow,’ [he] says. Bradbury, I think. ‘Yeah, right. Something Wicked This Way Comes,’ [she] says. ‘It’s good.’

No comments: