RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

To Kill a Mockingbird is the UKs Favorite Book?

I just came across this article in The Guardian which begins:
Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird has replaced previous favourites The Lord of the Rings and Pride and Prejudice as the nation's most-loved read.
Does anyone else find it odd that UK readers have replaced two VERY British favorites with a decidedly American story?

To Kill a Mockingbird is a great book (I have read it at least 3 times), but it always struck me as quintessentially American. I guess I need to rethink that opinion now.

No comments: