RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Too Many Book Awards?

Even I cannot keep up with the seemingly endless announcements of nominations and awards in the literary world. But I am glad someone is. Here is a recent "awards roundup" from Likely Stories.

Despite the fact that it is hard to keep up with all of these awards, I do appreciate each and every one of them. The people who pick the winners these awards (and I am now among those people) take their jobs very seriously (at least the ones I know do). As a librarian and reader, I appreciate their expert opinion on why a book is worth my notice.

Also, awards help to break up the overwhelming mass of fiction books sitting on the shelves. It gives readers and librarians a heads up on certain titles that deserve our attention.

So I say, keep the awards coming, and someone out there, keep posting the results so I can link to them.

No comments: