RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Catch a Cab, Get a Book Suggestion?

Periodically, Scott Simon interviews Will Grozier, London's (self proclaimed) most well-read cabbie. Click here for their most recent conversation.

Grozier talks about books the way I try to teach my students to talk about them. He gives some plot, but spends a great deal of time focused on the appeal of the books; it's the adjectives he uses that are important.

People read for the feel of the book, and not just the plot. Grozier demonstrates this. His books are all over the map plot wise, but they are similar in feel. This is how readers read. I tell my students this every semester, but it is nice to see real life evidence to back me up.

No comments: