RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Compiled list of RA and Book Blogs

I am getting ready for the semester to start a week from today and was trying to clean up some of my lists of suggested web resources for the students. When I started compiling these lists, there were very few blogs worth noting. However, today there are almost (I can't believe I am going to say this) too many.

I have been making a huge effort to keep the blogroll on this site as small as possible, so as not to overwhelm readers. I also use Google Reader to subscribe to the feeds from about 40 other blogs that I follow on a daily basis.

So here is a sampling of some of the blogs and websites I peruse each day through RSS feeds in Google Reader. Please note, this list changes constantly; I both add and delete sites frequently. This is the list as of today.

There are many other worthy sites, and each reader or librarian needs to decide for his/herself which s/he will follow regularly or sporadically. Use the links to see the sites for yourself, and please add your favorites to the comments to continue the list.

...With Intent to Commit Horror
Blog of a Bookslut
Blogging for a Good Book (by the Williamsburg (VA) regional Library)
Book Beast
Booklist Online's Blogs: Likely Stories, Book Group Buzz and Audiobooker
Early Word
January Magazine
Lit Lists (a part of the Campaign for the American Reader network)
Galley Cat
NPR Books feed
Publisher's Weekly Latest News feed
RA Online Blog
The Rap Sheet (Crime Fiction)
Shelf Life (the book blog of Entertainment Weekly)

I also subscribe to a daily email for people in the book buying industry entitled Shelf Awareness. To subscribe you must fill out the subscription form on their site. You must be a book buyer to get the newsletter in your email box, but back issues are available to anyone here.

No comments: