RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

If You Like Marjane Satrapi Try...


I just turned in the first draft of my readalike article on graphic novelist Marjane Satrapi for the NoveList database. You should look for it to be up in the next 2 weeks or so. Until then, look at this list of readalike authors for Satrapi which I compiled for the BPL website.

As well as my readalike article talking about the appeal of Marjane Satrapi with a list of 5 authors who are similar and why, NoveList also has a book discussion guide on Satrapi's Persepolis ready to go up any day. It is the database's first book discussion guide for a graphic novel!

I have been trying to get my group to read Persepolis for years, maybe now they will be more willing. In the meantime, these 2 new additions to the wonderful offerings already available on NoveList (accessible from most public library websites or in person) should help a lot of readers.

No comments: