RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Horror Writers Association and Stoker Awards Announced

Well it is official. The Horror Writers Association has accepted my application for membership as a professional writer in their group.

Normally they only accept fiction writers, but they deemed my professional writing as a significant contribution to the genre, and they allowed me in. Yippee!

This is a great boost to my work revising my book for the American Library Association, The Horror Readers' Advisory (2004). I will be completely revamping this book for a deadline of November 2010. With my Horror Writers Association membership, I will now be able to pick the brains of the best horror writers in the world through their member discussion boards and resources.

And once I get my feet wet, I plan to start volunteering within the organization. I hope to help them with their blog, Dark Whispers. But really, I will help any way I can.

Also, this weekend, the HWA gave out their annual Stoker Awards. These are the most prestigious awards in the world of Horror. Congrats to all of the winners.

For librarians, I normally recommend you purchase the major winners for your library. Even if you do not know much about Horror, these are always a good bet.

No comments: