RA FOR ALL...THE ROAD SHOW!

I can come to your library, book club meeting, or conference to talk about how to help your readers find their next good read. Click here for more information including RA for All's EDI Statement.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reader Profile and Response example

Each semester I have my students write their own personal reader profile. As I blogged about here, it is hard to help others find books that they would enjoy, if you cannot articulate why you read what you like to read.

After writing their own profiles, I have the students blindly exchange their profiles, and then send them home to suggest titles for their classmate. I hope to have some more profiles to post next week, but here is an example of this exchange.

First is Jennilyn's profile.

And here is Dan's response. You can see how he took her likes and dislikes and used the RA tools to find her suggestions for further reading.

This assignment gets to the heart of what Readers' Advisors try to do for each an every reader who enters the library.

No comments: